The A.C.T. Artist Agency GmbH is an internationally operating concert promoter. Based in Berlin, A.C.T. Artist Agency GmbH secures, in co-operation with DEAG Deutsche Entertainment AG, the local partners and sponsors, the organization, execution, control and settlement of concert tours, poetry festivals, reading tours and many other events.
A.C.T. Artist Agency GmbH stands out because of the longstanding professional experience (more than 50 years) of our Managing Director Hermjo Klein in concert and tour management. Apart from successfully staged tours and stage productions of, amongst others, Udo Lindenberg, Nana Mouskouri, Riverdance, Rolling Stones and projects like Künstler für den Frieden (Artists for Peace), Grüne Raupe (Green Catapillar), Rock gegen Rechts (Rock against Right) etc, we are proud of the ongoing staging of the Poetry & Literature Festival in Bad Homburg – a successful combination of poetry and music – with top actors and actresses such as Klaus-Maria Brandauer, Anke Engelke, Bruno Ganz, Ulrich Tukur, Iris Berben, Ben Becker, Sebastian Koch, Martina Gedeck, the Thalbach family and many others.
Hermjo Klein looks back on a comprehensive list of references of over 50 years in the event industry and will continue.
He embodies the old guard of impresarios.
+49 (0)30 856 21 57-0
- Born in Lorch am Rhein on May 19, 1947.
- At the age of 16 – still as a pupil – he takes over the Jazz Club Karlsruhe. First meeting and beginning of a close friendship with Fritz Rau.
- At the age of 19, Abitur (school leaving examination) at the humanist Gymnasium (high school) Karlsruhe.
- Then studies of painting with Prof. Sonderborg in Stuttgart, Joseph Beuys and visit to Salvador Dali in Spain.
- During the semester vacation, he acted time and again as a tour manager for many different tours of Lippmann & Rau.
- After 1970, following a burglary in his studio and the theft of all works, discontinuation of his studies and permanent employment with Lippmann & Rau. In charge of planning and implementing tours.
- 1979/80 Head of contents / artistic transformation of the BMW Museum in Munich.
- 1982 Partner of Fritz Rau.
- After 20 years of co-operation with Fritz Rau, separation on excellent terms in 1986.
- Together with Ossi Hoppe, foundation of Shooter & Klein.
- Through several detours he finally came to Hamburg in 1991 and via Hamburg back to Frankfurt am Main. Since May 29, 2004 happy as a husband; in 2013 moving to the home city of his wife, Dresden. The moving to the capital city Berlin and the premises of DEAG Deutschen Entertainment AG followed in 2016.
- From 1994 onwards, working as sole owner and without partner at Hermjo Klein Veranstaltungen GmbH and ACE GmbH; since the end of 2010, Managing Director of A.C.T. Artist Agency GmbH as partner of DEAG AG.
- Tours with Schürzenjäger, Tom Jones, Harry Belafonte, Al Jarreau, Johnny Cash, Joan Armatrading, TOTO, Engelbert, Festival Flamenco Gitano, Rolling Stones, Riverdance, Udo Lindenberg, Diana Krall, Josh Groban, Nana Mouskouri, Prince, Cliff Richard, James Brown, Perpetuum Jazzile, Marc Marshall, Al Bano & Romina Power, Liza Minnelli, Riverdance, Heartbeat of Home and many others.
- He also recently orgnizes exhibitions such as The Art of the Brick, Harry Potter and more.
Hermjo Klein does not only see himself as a tour promoter but also as a producer of stage shows. He attaches great importance to a close co-operation with artists and managements and feels himself deeply attached to the old ideals of morals and holding one’s head up high in present times.